Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scared straight..

So last night an old friend and I caught up over a drink. On my way home I passed 3 ride stops successfully..and then on Bathurst between Eglinton and St. Clair they stopped me. Wow..is that ever an intimidating, overwhelming thing to go through. So..

The officer dips his head in the car like they are taught to do, asks if I've had a drink, I said yes..too scared to lie. He asks me for ownership and drivers licence. He reads me some very official sounding paragraph and takes me into the van. The entire time I am clumsy, laughing, and turning on a little of the female wiles..lol(sad but true). I blow into the Breathalyzer. I had to do it several times because the officer was making me laugh. Thankfully I passed the test and went on my way.

But I tell you, from this moment on I am going to make sure I pay attention to my last drink when I leave anywhere. I think about what would happen if I had a 2nd, or left sooner..yikes..I am thankful, and grateful it was a safe evening over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment