Sunday, July 25, 2010

Marriage: Is it all its cracked up to be?

Like most women in the modern world, magazines, movies, talk shows all seem to preach that marriage is a pretty necessary/eventual progression in a woman's life. To be someone's wife. The idea has me torn.

When I was in high school, I would day dream of marrying at 24, 3 kids by 30, happily ever after..

Then you begin to see how much fishing you have to do in sea of men that you will date in your life.

As you get older you also get a much different perspective about marriage from those people you become to know in your life. Right now I tell you..I have heard a lot to discourage me from going down that road..just seems final, mediocre, regimented, boring, un-sexual. I have yet to hear the things I need to in order to believe in it as an institution. Believe me I want to.

I want to believe that the love I know is out there for me will turn into a loving long lasting beautiful marriage on the terms of our making. Expectations set by us.

No comments:

Post a Comment