Friday, October 21, 2011

Happy Friday!!

hi there,

im feeling great today..a little tired but great. I just finished watching an episode of Oprah's life class. I am really enjoying it. I really zoned out to Oprah episodes over the last 15 years or so..but somehow..now that its just her..just talking about life lessons we all need, we all need to improve upon no matter who we are. its great. today's class is realizing that I am responsible for my own life. I think this is something that it took me awhile to realize in my 20s..I was content in some things 'happening' to me..but not taking an active role. Not only that, but also we are responsible for the energy we put out in the world AND the energy we surround ourselves with. This is something I feely I have really taken to heart in the past 3 years or so. Professionally and personally, I now recognize and realize when I feel a situation is getting to something I choose or don't choose to be around. It's a very powerful feeling.

My close girlfriends often tell me that, when they are around me there is a sense of happiness, optimisim, encouragement,  and positivity. I really believe its because I want the best for my friends just as I would want the best for myself. I think I just had an AHA moment. Wow! that is why I am so passionate about my friends who are strong and beautiful. I want us all to rise in every area of our lives.

I met up with a good friend saam recently. its been a long time since i had seen her. i purposely made distance in our relationship due to a very minor silly thing that happened. To make a long story short about an hour before my birthday dinner she calls me to tell me she can't go. I just felt hurt and disappointed. Instead of acknowledging it, I ran away..not very mature on my part. It took me a long time to forgive the situation. A lot of time has passed, and if I am being truthful I missed my friend. We were supposed to meet for a light meal..4 hours later..it was nice. So I am very happy about our reconnection.

No comments:

Post a Comment