Thursday, November 10, 2011

National Champ, Karen Greer

I sure like the sound of that!!

i have recently taken up boxing as a great new workout (and a personal desire to go amateur)..I LOVE IT!! its so awesome

2 hours in the gym is a better workout than I was getting by going to goodlife

my gym focuses on women so you don't have the intimidation of men around you. I love the techniques. I was able to get into the ring for the first time last night..i have a couple of bruises but i am totally into it..

i was able to work with this one woman, she is amazing, fantastic physique, i wouldn't guess she is older than me..to my surprise 43!!! she looked wonderful, her technique, cardio, form was impeccable. my personal nickname for her was 'italian bull dog'.

i guess i have to rewind a little, my hubby to be has always maintained a love for the sport, he too was amateur at one point. his passion has totally rubbed off on me.

i already feel my body changing, it feels great. and a great bi-product is that i get to interact with other women who are interested in staying/getting very fit. i dont always get those opportunities since I am working for myself from home. and another bonus is that its close to home..

my goal is to get in there 3 - 4 times a week. i have to admit my body is finally feeling it today..but unlike most it doesnt discourage me..in fact, it does the complete opposite, i want to feel this even more. i believe my body is feeling and reacting to new exercises which can only enhance my overall fitness level.

the coach is amazing, very welcoming, encouraging, its all around just a fantastic wonderful experience. who knows by the end of the year, i could take things to a whole other level!!

No comments:

Post a Comment