Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Time to sell?

We have a lot of things to think about. This is the best time of the year to sell property. Being successful means that we stay at my parents condo until our house is ready. This will also allow us to save more money towards the house. I contacted my mortgage carrier to inquire what the penalty would be to end the mortgage early. The idea to check came from a conversation with my Master Key ladies. Now I am better prepared to deal with the closing.

We are looking at the following closing costs:

Lawyers fee with Qadira
Real estate agent fee 2% with Latoya
Mortgage penalty plus admin fee $320
Carry over property tax


We also need to work on the following work:

Staging/de-clutter
Painting
Storage unit/in laws basement 
Rental truck
Maid service
Repair window screen

I would love to have the work done by mid June. If we could sell by August 1, we could save even more between September to April. In time to move in for May 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment