Sunday, May 10, 2009

Men! Can't live with em'..

Isn't it interesting that the guys that are no good for you seem to be in heavy supply..and the good ones are harder to find then comfortable stilettos?! I am becoming a big believer that there is someone for everyone..it's just that chunk of time before you meet 'him' seems like a lifetime. As I get older the men that come into my life as partners, I am trying to disect them differently. As I evolve, I believe the men that come into my life should as well. A girlfriend and I have had the same conversation about marriage and the women that we see men pick as partners. These women seem to be simple, homely, reserved.  At first we didn't get it..wouldn't these men want challenging, competitive, fashion forward women that speak their mind? Now however, it makes sense to me. When discussing men, we no longer are look for the most attractive, and the most flashy. Those qualities fade and really I would much rather be with a much more solid man, not to mention a man that confirms his identity with his toys is not very attractive.

I kind of rambled for a little while..this all leads me to an ex-boyfriend of mine..I guess you could call him that, recently he contacted me. He and I dated for a few months at the end of 2008. He is attractive, slightly younger, has a child, and has recently moved in with his mother. As I'm writing that, I realize how unappealing that last few characteristics sound.  We stopped dating because he and I were on different pages, and I wasn't totally thrilled about dating a man with a child..not to mention living with his mother. At this stage of my life I am looking for someone who isn't afraid of a serious relationship with endless possibilities. In any case, he called because he had one of my business cards lying around. He 'thinks he now realizes he wants what I wanted'. In my mind, part of me believes he is just bored, like me. He is familiar, although our sex life wasn't off the charts it wasn't totally unbearable. I heard him out, and I know that if someone else was in the picture I wouldn't consider going to meet up with him...but I did. He tells me among other things that he misses me, feels we are a good match, then tops it off with he could do without my controlling/demanding side. That is his interpretation. I don't know, since that meeting I have texted him but he isn't so reliable to get a hold of. So that's where it ends for me. I am not chasing down a man any longer in this life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment