It's not fair to me and I finally spoke on it. I wasn't sure if it was being done intentionally because usually the reason why I'm told are:
It's too late
It's too far
General disinterest
However when others bring plans to the table that match anything above, those invitations are accepted. When I'm told 'that's the kind of friend I am' is a little disturbing because I'm supposed to be the best friend.
So when I begin to offer suggestions that are not too late, too far, not on a weekday and come with little to no cost and STILL get declined it hurts my feelings like:
City festivals
Church
Walks
Dinner at friends
I've already made an attempt to discuss these things as the last thing I want to do is have the situation blow up into something more serious. Communication is an extremely important part of any relationship and I refuse to give up.
No comments:
Post a Comment