You do NOT get any cool points for knowing Black people.
There is this lady I know..every time she has a story to tell about someone she knows that she thinks I would care about (Hint: I NEVER DO!), she precedes to tell me the entire story..then at the end mentions :
'oh ya, she's/he's caramel..she's/he's half-white and half-black'.
Like who cares!?!?! Am I supposed to congratulate you??? Have you found Waldo??? That must mean you aren't a flaming racist??? I don't tell you stories of every white person I come across...you know why...I SEE THEM EVERY FRIGGIN DAY!! ..I just don't get it. STOP doing that..its annoying and to me almost offensive. I certainly don't describe white people as 'He's salmon', 'He's rice looking'. If you have the balls to tell me that people look like colours of food..then have the balls to call them 'Black', because sure enough when you are around your friend's there are probably other nouns she uses that are neither food colours, or the word 'black'.
That is my Malcolm X moment of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment