Every woman at some point or another will pose this very question.
I guess the reason is we are the only ones that care how others perceive us. Men don't seem to care. At all. Today at work one of my support staff was supposed to deal with my client..and it was a very time sensitive situation. Needless to say, the client called me upset that he wasn't being helped. I sent a very tame email including the employee. This employee then tried to explain themselves..too little, too late..after she left my office I thought to myself..am I too harsh? I think some may perceive me to be a bit of an ice queen but in actuality, I am very passionate about my work and I take it seriously. I think my standards at work (and outside) are fairly high so its disappointing and I take offence if others feel differently.
Part of me thinks I need to lighten up..
You know I had the same premonition yesterday. I just can't seem to get an understanding or grip on this issue. Am I too hard/harsh? When do I tone it down/up? I dont know! This may explain why I am single. Who knows? Is there any Anger Anonymous Clubs?? lol
ReplyDeleteI don't think you two ladies are expressing an emotion too way out of the healthy emotional response range.
ReplyDeleteA couple of things considered :
Getting the job done is getting it done! When you are focus and set on a task, you can't really deal with loafers, half-steppers or lazy minded fools!
Second of all, how much more difficult can it be for black woman in search of efficiency & success in a modern day society be ?
You two keep diggin', sounds like you already have the important parts down pact.
Best,
Cezar