Sunday, November 1, 2009

Review of the Jay-Z Concert






Besides amazing! I am so thankful I got to be a part of the audience. October 31st was the first time I have seen him in concert. His presence is magnetizing. He made reference to B a couple of times that I thought was sweet. He didn't wear his wedding ring :( but I understand. The concert is not the platform in a hip hop arena to gush over your marriage. Eventhough I secretly daydream he gushes over her to anyone that is close. lol Pharrel opened the show with his new (Black Eyed Peas/No Doubt) type group. Good luck with that Pharrel..I wasn't really into it.

He performed A LOT of his songs. Not all the way through but the most popular verses.

I gotta say is was very awe inspiring to see young Canadian Drake performing on stage at Jay's concert and Jay-z is acting like HIS hype man. Very proud of him. That is really breaking new ground in his career. Considering Drake is like a decade younger than Kardi..and performing with J?!!?! Kardi was in the audience..I suppose in the media section which was like 20 rows back from me.

Jayz also took it upon himself to introduce his new artist Bridgette..something or other..I think she is Canadian. Two things for sure: she's hot, and can sing. A recipe of success so far for Jay's emnpire.

The concert started late..but as to be expected. Thankfully I didn't go on time or I would have been fidgeting. The wonderful thing about living in the heart of downtown Toronto, I walked home from the concert! Relief..no parking drama..no parking ticket..just a brisk walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment