Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Customer is King!

While channel surfing this evening I came across 'Freaks and Geeks'..not really my type of show but the married dude from How I Met Your Mother..and those Seth Rogen movies.. this line just really stood out..

'Customer is King'

It's so true and sometimes I have to slap myself sometimes to remember. When you are dealing with people daily and your objective is to talk to as many people as possible to make the most sales. Due to the pace, it doesn't allow me to listen to everyone's 20 minute explanation on why they had the accident..what a bad few years they have had personally..or hearing the 101 reasons why they were cancelled for non-payment of insurance. It's not that I don't care, it's because the company I choose for you really cares less than nothing about it. Sometimes it may come across as short but I try to get people to cut to the chase and avoid all the unnecessary mouth diarrhea. At this point, I really have to remind myself that referrals are being sent my way more than ever. I would really hate for someone who I dealt with sent someone my way and I gave them a bad experience. I am working on it. I am not perfect. Recently read an article Jay-Z had. He very matter-of-factly stated he doesn't dislike anything about himself. He was aware it sounded arrogant but he stood by it. He also mentioned he has a short temper and sometimes he may something that might hurt someone's feelings but its not to be cruel, but if thats how he truly feels he will still say it. I started thinking to myself. Do I like myself? Do I like what I represent? Do I like how I carry myself? Is there anything I would change? I gotta say, after taking sometime for self reflection..the answers become very liberating. There are things that I feel I am working on, and there are things that I haven't been working on that I should, that at least would improve my mental wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment