I am getting off topic. I had to laugh when I received an email from my mother. Check it out! http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/relationships/NEWContentPosting_CL?newsitemid=4640&feedname=TRANS-CANADIAN-LIVING&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=False
The long and short of it is about finding a life partner and how tough it is for busy career oriented women because we expect for it to fall in schedule with the rest of our life. I really appreciate that my mother really understands the challenge in dating for my generation. Most women are so focused on their careers that love takes a back seat. Her generation, the focus was marriage and family, and work was not taken very seriously.
The main issue for me is that for a woman, your drive has to be limited or someone will attempt to limit it along the way. The more driven you are, the more men are intimidated by your success or ambition. I can completely accept for a man it is important for a man to feel their role is to take the lead, be the provider. In 2009 and beyond I am still hopeful there are men out there that can appreciate their partner is just as focused on their own career path and what an asset that person would be in growing a family of go-getters.
Anyways, its just nice to know that my mother understands the plight of young career women today lol
Lol! Mothers are always lending a helping ear but somehow turn it into lending advice. Gotta love moms
ReplyDelete