I guess I am to blame by putting myself in this situation..possibly out of loneliness? God, that sounds pathetic..hopefully he won't be staying for much longer. I know that when I look at the situation from a bird's eye view, I realize in numerous ways I don't want him in my life romantically..he is missing many traits that are important to me in a partner. But like most women, when you see glimpses of half decent behaviour, you get hopeful. My intention is to not create a relationship based on friendship with benefits. In my core that is not where I am at this stage of my life.
As I was driving home today I started to have flashbacks of the many loser-ish men I have had the unfortunate luck to spend time with over the years. Call it succumbing to thinking I don't deserve to have a quality man in my life. The m.o. is the same for most. Struggling financially, not emotionally stable, keeping me at arm's length, no hesitation about asking for my help, fear on my part for asking for anything.
Sounds depressing, I know. I have to believe and know what my destiny is bringing for me. Devotion, connectivity, romance, friendship, real love. I know it exists for me, I suppose my anxiety is just getting the best of me.
AGGGGGHHHHHHHHH! That is my rant for the day.
I enjoy reading your blogs! I to believe that every woman does have that glimpse of the "half decent" behaved man. Very interesting and very true. Hopefully we read blogs such as this that make you stop and think for a minute about the "unspoken" truths that are occuring in our lives. As women we need to speak to one another about issues such as these. I to wonder if he is really out there. Really? Is he? This sounds very depressing but I am not depressed in the very least. I just know that the offerings of great men are slim...real slim! Which I am perfectly fine with. My life is still all the worth of living!
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!