Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Lesson learning
Work is great..to me great means $$great$$. The people are okay. But I really enjoy the fast pace, being efficient and multitasking. At times it doesn't seem like work. So for now, I really enjoy it. I have a friend I used to work with that has recently changed employers. He is a great sales person..argubly as good as me;) Since I speak well mostly of my current employer he took it upon himself to schedule a meeting with my boss. The interesting thing is that I knew about this meeting because my friend told me. My boss..my boss of 2 1/2 years didn't mention this meeting to me. I was waiting for him to mention it to me, but the truth is he isn't required to tell me. He is the owner. The office was tense when he came in at the possibility that another hungry, aggressive sales person might just affect the current dynamic in the office. The crazy thing is that my boss told my friend he would let him know by the end of the month...let him know what?!?! We/they are not hiring, there wouldn't be enough leads to split with another producer. In an infantile way, I am being selfish. However, business is business. I don't/won't compromise my sales volume for anyone, a man wouldn't..why should I? But, what I really mean is that the split would probably decrease my healthy commission cheque I receive. I'm not too concerned, I just feel as though he is great at what he does..but, his presence would really change the culture in the office. I want the best for him but at a different company.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment