Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Old friends..

As I'm writing this I just realized we didn't even take a picture!!

I met with a childhood friend of mine named Queleigh today for lunch at my favorite place.. Milestones of course @ Scarborough town centre. It was awesome  & long-overdue. We don't keep in touch too much in person it's mostly by Facebook or email. The last time I saw her place was for her bridal shower in 2012 . since then she has tried unsuccessfully to get pregnant. However, She's recently found out she is pregnant and has been giving friends & family the news. I'm incredibly happy for her as she's expressed her difficulty to get pregnant. Like most women she's gone through the difficulties of a Previous miscarriage. She is due in January. 
Most of our lunch was discussing her happy news as well as her newlywed status and future plans. While we were talking i realized that we've known each other since kindergarten so that's 30 years!! There aren't too many people you can say that about! 
We do have a lot in common including having the same number of siblings. Our older sisters were in the same grade growing up as well. 
I know we will make conscious effort to see each other again soon.
Admittedly I don't have many female friends and it's hard for me to meet new people. I shouldn't say that actually because it's as hard as I want it to be. I feel I'm shy so to extend myself to strangers is a challenge. I've tried in unique ways to open myself up by joining groups and with the Master key ladies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment