Monday, September 14, 2009
Tough girl..
'Please Don't Leave me'
I really enjoy Pink's music. Recently she released this song. Really beautiful. I think the key to success with her music is her voice is so raw and raspy and communicates the those complex emotions impossible to describe in plain speech. When I think of Pink, I consider her a tough girl. Strong, opinionated, and assertive verging on aggressive. For some reason I feel like that sometimes, so I relate. The song discusses all the wacky/mean treatment she gives to her guy and when he is almost ready to go she is begging him not to leave. Basically she would be able to get over probably anybody walking out of her life, but not this guy. She is really a fragile girl scared of being abandoned. These tough girls usually allow very few people to penetrate their bubble of solitude. Once someone has been successful in doing so, tough girls don't want him to leave.
******
As I am writing this post Gossip Girl is on. I don't normally watch this show but the fashion is bananas! Anyhow, this is the line I hear Lily say to Rufus:
'If we both make mistakes, how do we still accept each other and move forward?'
I think that is my 'Aha Moment' of late regarding relationships which is an important question to ask and a must learn in order to have a successful relationship.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment