Friday, September 4, 2009

Volunteerism

I think it is really important to give back to the community and society as a whole. I have to be honest and say that I am not working with any organization right now, but I would like to. That put me on an elementary internet search for some places today. Here are some ideas if you too are looking to give your time to a worthy cause.


Volunteers

KIDS ON THE Block disability awareness program seeks volunteer puppeteers. No experience necessary, training is provided. Call 416-964-9095 or email info@kidsontheblocktoronto.com

VOLUNTEER IN PRESCHOOL with children with special needs, Centennial Infant and Child Centre, 1580 Yonge St., commitment of one morning a week from 9 a.m. to noon is required. Previous experience with children not necessary. Call 416-935-0200, ext. 221 for more information.

BIG BROTHERS OF Toronto needs male volunteers over the age of 18 to be a friend and mentor to children and youth. More than 300 children and youth are waiting for a friend. Visit www.bbbst.com for details.

SENIOR PEOPLES' RESOURCES in North Toronto (SPRINT) requires volunteer drivers and runners to deliver Meals on Wheels to seniors and those with disabilities during the lunch hour. Mileage reimbursed. Call Alisha at 416-481-0669, ext. 252.

VOLUNTEERS WANTED TO deliver Meals on Wheels to isolated seniors in the midtown area. Mileage reimbursed. To volunteer, call Carolyn at 416-481-6411, ext. 267.

No comments:

Post a Comment