Thursday, August 20, 2009

How to be a Huster..Lady's Edition

Today's post is dedicated those driven career women. I take my work very seriously and I'm good at it. In order for me to remain successful I have to be 'on' all day. That means taking calls, networking, returning emails, completing paperwork, reviewing files, among other things. As the only woman in my role I feel it's important to set a high standard that would make it difficult to meet. It preserves my place and value at the company. For that reason non-work related socializing is at the bottom of my priority list at work more than necessary. If there was a choice of money or chit-chatting, I will always choose money. It's not that I dislike any of my co-worker's, it's just that my energy is completely immersed in closing sales..that's it! Being a woman, I feel more of an obligation to engage with the other women but I'm not good at it.

There is a new term called 'time stealer's' or what I call slackers. You may display these people displaying one or all of the following: several personal calls, come in late, leave early, long lunches, surfing the net, texting, and excessive socializing. I am very thankful and grateful to be at place in my career where I enjoy what I do, so much so that I have no desire to steal time. Don't get me wrong when I look back at previous jobs I wasn't invested so I didn't care. Now I care. Bottom line ladies, focus on the goal and don't get caught up in being liked over being successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment