Monday, August 31, 2009

Interesting quote..



Often I will come across specific song lyrics, lines in movies, or whatever and they just stick with me. So I decided I am going to start keeping track of them as I go through my day. Today I was watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I have seen this movie a million times. My sister and I used to act out scenes verbatem. So after many years of not seeing it Ferris starts to talk about his future as well as his friends and then somewhere in his speech he says:

'You can't love someone who kisses your ass'

I say, very true Ferris, very true. You won't respect the other person, and it could be indicitive of someone who could be easily manipulated. Don't confuse this with being adored, I believe you can be adored and still respect that person. It is important to have someone to call you out when you are wrong. I know I need that kind of balance. In my own experience, when things are too heavily weighted in one person's favour the relationship can easily go south.

No comments:

Post a Comment