Thursday, August 27, 2009

I-LOVE-SEINFELD!


This has to be one of the funniest shows on television. I have to admit, I didn't pay attention to the show when it was a on the air. Thank God for reruns! Such wit, impeccable timing, and jokes that are timeless.
Larry David, the mastermind behind the legendary show also has his own vehicle 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'. Again, the entire cast has great chemistry. Larry's show isn't totally improvisiation but they are given the overall direction of the scene and they have a little more freedom creatively to express their character. This fall the original cast of Seinfeld with appear on Larry's show. Very smart! That way they don't have the pressure of doing a reunion show that falls flat. Since popular culture will not let go of certain sayings from 'Seinfeld' like:
'Master of your Domain'
'Man Hands'
'Don't double dip your chip'
'Independent George'
'Yada yada'
'Bubble Boy'
The fabolous foursome will forever stay in my heart. I can honestly say if anything else is on television that is new but boring, I will always put on Seinfeld for a guaranteed laugh.
Julia Louis-Dreyfuss has her own show called 'Old Christine'. I love that show as well! The jokes on sitcom's in recent years have really taken it to the next level. Pushing the envelope, taking chances. The thing I really enjoy is that her new show is not 'Elaine' playing a character. She is completely different to Elaine but still incredibly funny.
Michaeal Richards has been laying low since the show went off the air. Except for the major faux-pas a few years back and his taped racial comments that were posted around the world. After watching the tape, I know it was wrong..and he should be punished for what he said. If he meant it, of course he is wrong. Some celebrities as we have seen in recent years are acting or doing controversial things in order to obtain some press. I hope this wasn't his intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment